If you think you can’t accomplish a thing, or if you’re pessimistic, negative, discouraged, disappointed or always thinking that you can’t.. I’m here to tell you that you’re right… and you won’t! Most people with goals and dreams take council from friends, relatives, significant others, and co-workers that have never ever gotten out of the boat, much less walked on water….. So, why would you consider anything they have to say about your LIFE and what they believe you can’t do!
For example, would you take council on how to care for a parrot, from anyone that has never owned a parrot? Or, would you consider taking council from anyone on how to raise a teenager, when that person has never experienced that opportunity? Therefore, be very careful with whom you share your goals and dreams with. Or, if you choose to share, be prepared that the person you’re eager to share this dream with, may not be as excited about your dream as you want them to be! When this happens it can discourage and delay your efforts from ever getting out of the starting block!
Additionally, you may have to consider finding a network or a club (physical or virtual) of people that have similar goals to encourage you on how to get out of the starting block with vigor! Remember, when there is no RISK there is no REWARD!
Realistically, you may also need to consider disengaging a bit with those friends that have never accomplished any of their goals and dreams! Why? Because, if you continually listen to their rhetoric, rational and reasoning of why they never raised the bar on themselves, you too will be part of the problem! It’s been said, “if you are the smartest person in your circle of friends, you need a new circle of friends.”
Begin building-up your belief window by:
• Finding others that have similar goals and dreams and embrace a formidable accountability partner
• Schedule regular check-in’s with this network to build and strengthen your self-confidence
• Study to improve your knowledge-base and begin to build a road-map to reach your goals
• Take one step at a time and build your confidence one day at a time.
• Locate books and or DVD material to keep you inspired, encouraged and motivated to stay engaged with your dreams!
“YOU REALLY CAN”